Mega Mind

University of the Fraser Valley

Why University of the Fraser Valley ?

  • Affordable
  • Cooperative Education (Co-op)
  • Financial Aid, Awards, Bursaries, and Scholarship for International students
  • Choose from more than 100 course programs
  • A Full-fledged Career Centre
  • Low Housing cost
  • Small is beautiful

I don't know what program to choose. What should I do?

Typically, your first year of university provides you with an opportunity to explore options and interests. This said, however, a university education is both an investment and opportunity: take advantage of any resources you have available to you to find out more about careers and fields of study before you come to university. If you have access to career counselling at your high school, make an appointment. You can also talk to an educational advisor to discuss your educational choices. Info for domestic or landed students: Academic advisors at UFV can help you set goals and discuss your options. Before you meet an advisor, review UFV's program options. Advising appointments are available between 9 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, in person or on the phone. Make an appointment with a UFV advisor. Info for international students: International advisors at UFV are knowledgeable about the study and career choices available to International students. Before you meet an international advisor, review program options open to international students at UFV. Advising appointments are available between 8 am and 4 pm Monday through Friday, in person, on the phone, or through Skype. Book an appointment with an international advisor. You can also contact UFV International to discuss your individual interests and academic qualifications.

What are the requirements to study at UFV?

**** Info for domestic or landed students: I n order to be eligible for admission to an academic program at UFV, students should have received their high school diploma. Please note program requirements vary depending on each individual program, so check the requirements for your goal program carefully. Please consult a copy of the UFV Academic Calendar for detailed admissions requirements for each program.

Can international students buy medical insurance in their home country?

As an international student, you are welcome to purchase medical insurance from your home country. However, the medical insurance that UFV provides, both the private and provincial, is mandatory for all International students.

How do I pay for tuition?

Online banking or telebanking Pay by online banking or telebanking through your bank or credit union. Check with your branch for details and/or to arrange access. Select University of the Fraser Valley as the payee and use your student ID number as your account number. If paying by online banking, please allow up to three business days before the deadline for the payment to be processed by your banking institution. You may also pay your deposit in advance of your registration date and time.

Can I work a part-time job while I study?

Yes, international students have various options for working in Canada. Students can work on-campus in the work study program, which allows for flexible working hours around your class schedule. Students can also apply for an off-campus work permit for off-campus employment.

Does UFV have student housing on campus?

Yes, our student residence, Baker House, was opened in August 2007. For current information and photos of the facilities

How can I get a study permit (visa)?

Once you have received your official letter of acceptance, you can apply for a study permit at the nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate in your home country. The Embassy will ask you for other information as well, and you may need to take a medical examination.

Students Also Prefer - Free Education In Germany


Accreditation & Association