Mega Mind

Red River College

Why Red River College ?

  • Applications for full-time programs
  • Continuing Education registrations
  • Program and course information
  • Campus Living
  • Eating in Residence
  • Accessing the Internet
  • Television, Phone and Third-party Internet Services

Can I travel outside Canada if I am taking online courses?

The decision to travel outside Canada is always your own to make. However, at this time, the Government of Canada recommends that everyone avoid all non-essential travel outside of Canada to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travel between provinces is also not recommended. Red River College Polytechnic continues to recommend that all staff and students postpone travel at this time. Please remember that if you decide to return home, you may not be able to re-enter Canada. You will be responsible for following all quarantine guidelines and any related expenses. Please refer to IRCC Travel Restrictions and Exemptions for the most up-to-date information before you leave and re-enter Canada. We also advise you to review the latest information provided by local health authorities of the country you intend to visit to determine whether travel is permitted and what precautions you need to take.

Can I take a term off and come back later for my studies?

Yes, you may make that decision. However, your study plan, study permit, and post-graduation work permit (PGWP) may be affected, and you may not be able to re-enter/continue your academic program as you initially planned. We suggest that you stay in your current study plan. The College is working to provide a safe and healthy study environment for all students.

How can I order a Confirmation of Enrollment and/or Transcript?

You can order the Confirmation of Enrolment and/or transcript from Student Service Center in-person or call 204-632-2327. Please be prepared to pay the appropriate fees for the documents you request. Credit card is the only payment method accepted to order these documents over the phone. If the order is placed by phone, we will send your Confirmation of Enrollment by email and your transcript by mail.

I have already received my Study Permit approval letter. Will I still be allowed entry into Canada at this time?

Starting October 20, 2020, international students may travel to Canada if the institution they are attending has a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by their province.

I need to access a food bank service. Where can I go?

Contact Harvest Manitoba. You must book an appointment to pick up your food hamper. Various restaurants and agencies in Winnipeg are now offering free meals. The list is extensive and changes frequently. Search “Winnipeg free meals” for the most up-to-date information and call before going.

I have been laid off by my employer (during regular employment or program co-op). Can I apply for Employment Insurance?

We cannot provide an answer, as each person’s situation is unique. Contact Service Canada or visit here for information. The Government of Canada is working on a financial support plan for anyone not covered under current EI guidelines. Stay tuned for updates.

Students Also Prefer - Free Education In Germany


Accreditation & Association