Mega Mind

Nipissing University

Why Nipissing University ?

  • Right Where You Belong
  • Learn more about Nipissing University
  • Questions? Get in touch with us!
  • The Nipissing Promise
  • Students Applying Directly from High School
  • Mature and Transfer Students

Do I need a Study Permit

If your study period is less than 6 months you do not need a Study Permit. Visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website to download the Study Permit Guide Book. This publication provides information about how to apply from outside Canada if your study period is more than 6 months: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

How do I apply for an exchange to Nipissing University

Your home university must have a formal, signed, exchange agreement with Nipissing University. If you currently study at one of our partner institutions you must first apply through your home institution for exchange. Once accepted, your international office will nominate you to study at Nipissing. We will then follow up with application information.

Am I a degree student or an exchange student?

International Exchange Students - international students who are enrolled in an educational institution abroad and apply to study on exchange at Nipissing University for one semester or one full academic year. International Degree-Seeking Students - international students who would like to obtain their full degree and graduate from Nipissing University. Degree seeking students typically study for 3-4 years at Nipissing University.

Am I a fee-paying exchange student?

Most exchange students will pay tuition fees to their home institution rather than Nipissing University. However, in certain cases, incoming international exchange student will pay tuition fees at the Canadian domestic rate as noted in the International Student Handbook. If you are a fee-paying exchange this will be noted in your acceptance letter from Nipissing University. Note: The fees are subject to increase each academic year.

What are the study periods at Nipissing University

Nipissing University offers three study semesters. However, the majority of classes are offered during the Fall and Winter semesters. Exchange students can study for 1 or 2 semesters during the fall and winter, typically September to April. Degree students can study all year, however most programs start in the Fall semester. 1. Fall Semester – September to December 2. Winter Semester – January to April 3. Spring Semester – May to August Note: the exact start and end dates, including exam period, vary for each academic year.

When will I be notified of my acceptance?

Exchange Students – Exchange students will receive their acceptance information directly from the international office. For students studying for the fall and/or full year, this is typically by end of May previous the academic year of study. For students studying in the winter semester this is typically end of October following the fall semester. Degree Students – Degree students will receive their acceptance directly from the admissions office.

How will I select my courses?

Exchange Students – As part of your acceptance package you will receive a course pre-registration form and instructions on selecting courses. The international office will provide these to academic advising and they will register you in your courses. Degree Students – As part of your acceptance package from the admissions office you will receive instructions on selecting and registering for your courses.

Students Also Prefer - Free Education In Germany


Accreditation & Association