Mega Mind

Capilano University

Why Capilano University ?

  • Smaller classes and a supportive learning community
  • A range of programs and study options
  • A public university, fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), a US-based accrediting body

How can an Academic Advisor help me?

Advisors can help guide you through the requirements of your program. By empowering you with personalized planning, we support you to make informed decisions about your academic future. We can assist you with understanding pre-requisites, the impact of a failed course, academic probation, or required to withdraw status. Advisors also provide assistance with course selection and planning, assessment of graduation requirements, awareness of university policies & procedures, and guidance on credit transfers to other institutions.

What are breadth electives?

Some programs at Capilano University require students to take breadth electives. These electives allow you to take courses outside of your programs, so you can learn and experience different ways of looking at your academic work and your world. Some programs have a list of approved breadth electives that count towards your credential while others do not. If you are unsure of what to take, it is best to ask an Academic Advisor or your department.

How can I change my program?

If you want to change your program, you will need to reapply for admissions. International students must check with the Centre for International Experience (CIE) prior to changing their program. We encourage all students considering changing their program to meet with an Academic Advisor beforehand, so that we make the transition as smooth as possible.

Can I repeat a failed course?

If you have taken a course that is required for your program, which you have failed, you are permitted to repeat the course. Please note that a "repeat override" is required from your department/Instructor for a third attempt. If you have taken a course that is not required for your program, which you have failed, speak with an academic advisor to determine other courses that can be taken instead of repeating the failed course.

When can I register for my courses?

Online registration is by Registration Time Ticket. To view your Registration Time Ticket, go to your myCapU account and choose "Check your Registration Status" under "Registration." The details of your day and time to register will be posted approximately four (4) weeks before registration starts.

Can an Academic Advisor answer questions pertaining to Study Permits, Work Permits, visa extensions, or immigration to Canada?

Only Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors (RISAs) can provide immigration advice to students. These advisors are located in the Centre for International Experience.(https://www.capilanou.ca/programs--courses/capu-for-you/international-students/)

Students Also Prefer - Free Education In Germany


Accreditation & Association